Select an image on the left and a larger image will appear in this window.
Description of Pictures:
1. From left: Kolb's Store/ Wayson's General Auto Repair and Halls Chevrolet (Hall's is North of Harwood Road). Kolb's Store is the site where the Harwood Post Office is now located. Wayson's was next to it and Hall's Motor (which later became Unger Motors) -was across the street where Colonial Electric and Phipps are now located.
2. Kolb's Store
3. Kolb's Store
4. Kolb's Store
5. Kolb's Store/Armiger's home in background.
6. Butlers (earlier Rawlings) Tavern after fire. Note: there is a historical marker for Rawlings Tavern on RT. 2)
7. 1968 - Ungar Motors, person is May Hartge Dent who worked in the PO for many years- now deceased.
8. Post Office (view from Harwood Road)
9. Inside Post Office.
10. Kolb's Store after moved on 8/28/1953 due to changes in Route 2 in early 1950s.
11: Area around Kolb's Store/1968
12-16: Southern High School Construction: 1968
1 thru 5 - David Kolb
6 thru 16 - Doris Phibbons